XP Professional, messages and login

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Everytime I start my computer I have a message which says Microsoft office
has an error. It gives me the option to send the error to microsoft by the
internet. I don't have an internet connection. How can I stop this message
from appearing everytime I start the computer.
How can I start my computer without having to login everytime. I am the only
person using the computer so I don't need this security. I currently don't
even use a password but even this is too much effort to click the mouse on
OK.

To stop the error message you might want to try this:

Go to Start -> Control Panel -> System.
On the Advanced page click on the Error reporting button.
Select "Disable error reporting".
Check "But notify me when critical errors occur".
Click OK twice.

If that doesn't work, you may have to follow this procedure:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=325075

To logon automatically, do the following:

Go to Start -> Run and enter the following in the Open box:
control userpasswords2
Click OK
On the Users page, uncheck "Users must enter a user name and
password to use this computer".
Click OK
In the box that pops up enter your user name and password and
click OK. Note: In your case, leave the password line blank.

For more info, take a look here:

http://mvps.org/marksxp/WindowsXP/welskip.php

--
Nepatsfan