Folder permissions

I have a users who some how has access to all the folders on my file server - he doesn't belong to any groups other than users. and only has that access when he is on one particular pc . he is only a member of the users group on the local machine as well.

Any ideas
--
Cash
1 answer Last reply

    Either he belongs to another group that has more permissive permissions or he has
    credentials to an account that has more permissions. You can use " net user username
    " to see what groups a user is member of on a local computer or a domain computer.
    You can also enable auditing of logon events on your server and look in the security
    log for logon events from his workstation to see what account he is authenticating
    with. If he is using a Windows XP computer, it may possibly have stored credentials
    for a network connection and mapped drives may have been created with alternative
    credentials [on W2K also]. --- Steve

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prdp_log_vkxx.asp
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;300549

    "Cash" <Cash@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have a users who some how has access to all the folders on my file server - he
    doesn't belong to any groups other than users. and only has that access when he is
    on one particular pc . he is only a member of the users group on the local machine as
    well.

    > Any ideas
    > --
    > Cash