I finished the OC, now what?

I just finished the original campaign with a level 17 pally. Am I
supposed to bring him over to Shadows of Undertide or was this
expansion designed for level 1 characters? Thanks.

Werewolf

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2004

Mike S. wrote:
> I just finished the original campaign with a level 17 pally. Am I
> supposed to bring him over to Shadows of Undertide or was this
> expansion designed for level 1 characters? Thanks.

It's been a long while but if I remember correctly...

You can carry him over to Hordes but not to Shadows. Shadows is for
lower level starting characters.

If you carry him over to Hordes if I remember right he'll be dropped to
lvl 15 (I think).

Mike S. wrote:
> I just finished the original campaign with a level 17 pally. Am I
> supposed to bring him over to Shadows of Undertide or was this
> expansion designed for level 1 characters? Thanks.

SoU was designed to be started by a level 1.

If you're keyed up on your paladin right now, take him through HotU before starting SoU with a new character. There
will be a few disconnects in storyline because it is assumed that you will be using your character from SoU to play in
HotU, but they are really not that big of a deal if you decide to play them out of order.
--
"Pits of red smoke and fog are usually bad."
- Tip from Doom3 Manual

On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 13:23:36 GMT, everlast <everlast@jmjservices.com>
wrote:

>SoU was designed to be started by a level 1.

Thanks to you and werewolf for the quick replies!

No - when you start HOTU, it doesn't drop your character back to level 15.
My ranger was lvl 20 at the end of the OC, and immediately levelled up
several times once I started. I decided to start again with SOU because I
didn't want to play with an overpowered character. However, level 17 should
be ok - I think I started HOTU the second time with a level 16 ex-SOU
character which I had also taken through one of the bridging modules
(Shadowhaunt, I think it was). And yes SOU is designed to start with a
level 1 character (though you don't have to).

Best wishes
Maxon

"Werewolf" <nunya@numbnuts.com> wrote in message
> Mike S. wrote:
> > I just finished the original campaign with a level 17 pally. Am I
> > supposed to bring him over to Shadows of Undertide or was this
> > expansion designed for level 1 characters? Thanks.
>
> It's been a long while but if I remember correctly...
>
> You can carry him over to Hordes but not to Shadows. Shadows is for
> lower level starting characters.
>
> If you carry him over to Hordes if I remember right he'll be dropped to
> lvl 15 (I think).

> > Mike S. wrote:
> > I just finished the original campaign with a level 17 pally. Am I
> > supposed to bring him over to Shadows of Undertide or was this
> > expansion designed for level 1 characters? Thanks.

Someone wrote a fairly decent hack n slash followup for the (3 part
series, called "Challenge of the Champion", "Fall of the Champion", and
"Return of the Champion" IIRC). A 17th level paladin sounds right for
these mods :)

Takes up after the end of the OC, tho' there's no material directly
related to it, the NPCs have heard of you and "recognize" you as the
hero of Neverwinter. For those that like the FRCS, there's brief
appearances by Elminster and Drzzt. (I don't care for Forgotten Realms
myself, but at least in this mod, you aren't left wondering "why don't
any other high level folks care about the End of the World?")

After SoU, there are the various "bridging" modules. After HotU, try
out John McA's "Shadow over Heliopolis" (winner of the post-HotU module
contest).

Also, try out Dallo's "Careena: Krakona Rising". It has it's own back
story for the character, so your Hero of Neverwinter background won't
make sense, but it's a decent module for lvl 20 to start (there's a
leveller at the beginning)

I tend to like Hack n slash and a good story, don't care for too many
puzzles and traps, so YMMV

Mike S. wrote:
> I just finished the original campaign with a level 17 pally. Am I

You should run, do not walk, to NWVault and download a
gazillion excellent user-created modules. Start here:
http://nwvault.ign.com/fms/TopRated.php?content=modules&sort=Votes&dir=DESC
You haven't REALLY played a Paladin until you've done
Rick Burton's Twilight & Midnight (and Dawn, someday).

You might enjoy this one in particular:
http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=3474

I'd say to try out some multiplayer servers to, theres some not bad ones
about and it's always fun to play alongside others!

"Frank Nospam" <yahoo_com@francis.uy> wrote in message
> Mike S. wrote:
>> I just finished the original campaign with a level 17 pally. Am I
>
> You should run, do not walk, to NWVault and download a
> gazillion excellent user-created modules. Start here:
>
> http://nwvault.ign.com/fms/TopRated.php?content=modules&sort=Votes&dir=DESC
> You haven't REALLY played a Paladin until you've done
> Rick Burton's Twilight & Midnight (and Dawn, someday).
>
> You might enjoy this one in particular:
> http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=3474

"Frank Nospam" <yahoo_com@francis.uy> wrote in message
> Mike S. wrote:
>> I just finished the original campaign with a level 17 pally. Am I
>
> You should run, do not walk, to NWVault and download a
> gazillion excellent user-created modules. Start here:
>
> http://nwvault.ign.com/fms/TopRated.php?content=modules&sort=Votes&dir=DESC
> You haven't REALLY played a Paladin until you've done
> Rick Burton's Twilight & Midnight (and Dawn, someday).
>
> You might enjoy this one in particular:
> http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=3474

Here's some I've done & liked over the last year:

No rest for the wicked
Rite of Ascension
Errand for the Lady
Blaak Chronicles
His Fathers Sword
Bramblewood
Fate of Daggerdale
Aelund saga
Caereena - Krakona Rising v2a
Stuff by Glen Pudney: Shadows of a King's Justice - Luremaster - Heart of
Winter
Torslunda

As a matter of personal preference, I don't like mods that don't use the
journal. Also, I much prefer mods with a walkthrough/hints & tips - not to
cheat wholesale, but for pointers when I get really stuck.

I've often wondered how I could make my own mod !