Help please on how to install ASUS Updater guys. Thank you

spenz

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
Guys iam trying to install asus updater so that i could flash a new bios to my Asus P5W DH Deluxe which is currently at 1305, the nw one is 1901 right, but then when i tried to install an asus updater which is found on my ASUS installation CD that came shipped with the MOBO itself. I ended up with an error which goes like this "asus BIOSINFO.DLL" error popped up. it says, "Unable to create NT Driver service for BS_DEF.DLL". What do this error means? =/

spenz

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
I got another problem on asus updater guys. it says, "Setup program detect no ASUS Motherboard installation will be aborted now" kindly help me fix this so i can start flashing my bios please..

fishboi

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Download the latest BIOS from the Asus website, and save it on your desktop. Then use the Asus update, and select that file to update from. Easiest way to do it.

I personally would go for the 1305 version. Everything else is real buggy, especially if you OC. Trust me, dont go beyond 1305. The 19xx version or whatever it is, is still in beta testing.

spenz

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
Download the latest BIOS from the Asus website, and save it on your desktop. Then use the Asus update, and select that file to update from. Easiest way to do it.

I personally would go for the 1305 version. Everything else is real buggy, especially if you OC. Trust me, dont go beyond 1305. The 19xx version or whatever it is, is still in beta testing.

Thanks for the advise sir really appreciate it, but my XFX 7950GX2 Will not work if i won't update from 1305 to at least 1407. That's really my big problem, i bought that expensive card and was really buggy on my current 1305 bios P5W DH Deluxe MOBO. =/

spenz

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
Read your asus manual which came with the motherboard and flash the bios in dos. Dos is safer then doing it in windows.

thanks for the input sir. i was hoping for the windows based bios flashing because it sounds user friendly to me and due to the very limited experience i have with this technical issues. I hope i can find a very easy to understand step by step process on doing flashing bios in DOS format.

TRENDING THREADS