Does anybody know of a tool to show everywhere a user is l..

harrison

Does anybody know of a tool to show everywhere a user is
logged into? I am looking for a tool to help trouble
shoot lockouts of accounts when people change passwords.
A user may be logged into multiple machines then changes
password from one and then account locks out because of
the password differences.

Pslogged on may help if user is logged on locally to a computer or computers and can
be found below.

http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/psloggedon.shtml

Other procedures that may help are to enable auditing of account management in Domain
Controller Security Policy which will help by showing which computers are involved in
a user lockout as could enabling auditing of logon events for failures on all
computers in the domain in addition to normal auditing that would be used for domain
controllers and servers. You can scan multiple computers for security log events with
the free Event Comb from Microsoft.

See the links below for more tips on tracking account lockouts including how to use
netlogon logging to "backtrace" a failed logon attempt. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/technologies/security/bpactlck.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/guidance/secmod144.mspx