Sign in with
Your question
Solved

I have a window xp pro can i upgrade to window 7 32 bit?

Tags:
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
November 25, 2009 3:42:46 AM

i have a win xp pro,can i upgrade to win 7 32/64 bit?

More about : window pro upgrade window bit

Best solution

a c 215 $ Windows 7
November 25, 2009 4:05:49 AM

You do technically qualify for an upgrade to Windows 7, but you would have to do a migration install. What I would do instead is buy an OEM copy of Windows 7 (which should actually be slightly cheaper than an upgrade copy), backup your data and do a clean install.
Related resources
November 25, 2009 4:38:00 AM

The_Prophecy said:
You do technically qualify for an upgrade to Windows 7, but you would have to do a migration install. What I would do instead is buy an OEM copy of Windows 7 (which should actually be slightly cheaper than an upgrade copy), backup your data and do a clean install.

many many many thanks......a lots.....
m
l
November 25, 2009 4:39:34 PM

Easy transfer doesn't move your apps, it barely even moves files...

You'd better try Zinstall - they have a product that can upgrade to Windows 7. It moves all your apps, settings and files. Worked for my wife's new DV7 :) 
m
l
a c 215 $ Windows 7
November 25, 2009 5:35:25 PM

I would be weary of any migration tools not provided by Microsoft. Might also be easier to just move it over yourself. It's not like you have to copy the whole drive anyway...
m
l
November 25, 2009 5:50:22 PM

The_Prophecy said:
I would be weary of any migration tools not provided by Microsoft. Might also be easier to just move it over yourself. It's not like you have to copy the whole drive anyway...

Well, they promise that if you aren't happy, you aren't charged. Also, you can't get support from Microsoft if anything goes wrong.

And like I said, moving stuff is a problem Easy Transfer can solve somehow. It's reinstalling everything, and reconfiguring everything, and finding out stuff won't work on Win7 that is tricky - and from my past experience, takes several days...
m
l
November 26, 2009 5:30:34 AM

many thanks to everyone who are willing to share great idea......it help me a lot......
m
l
November 27, 2009 3:31:21 AM

Quote:
Why would you want 32 bit?? ,Want to be stuck in the dark ages forever?

ok,then i will go to 64 bit.....thanks......
m
l
!