help

I want setup so I have a domain policy aplliend for group
a and not group b. I have all the group b as deny applied
rule and group a allow but the policy seem not to work
with group a.

Please help

Make sure that the members of group A are also not members of group B. Keep in mind
that there are two parts to Group Policy - computer and user. If you are trying to
"filter" computer configuration by user groups it may not work and domain
password/account policy will apply to all users in the domain even if you try to den
that policy to computers or users. Gpresult is a very helpful tool in seeing what
policies are applied to users, from what GPO, and when last applied. It can also take
up to twp hours for Group Policy to apply to domain computers and users. Using
secedit to refresh policy as shown in the link below can speed it up if done first on
domain controllers. Otherwise a reboot for configuration and logon/logoff, possibly
twice, will refresh policy for domain users. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;227302

"help" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I want setup so I have a domain policy aplliend for group
> a and not group b. I have all the group b as deny applied
> rule and group a allow but the policy seem not to work
> with group a.
>

> Please help

help

I setup to get proxy p 10.10.10.1 and not allow connection
tab all group are configured this way and the only thing
that is working is there no connection tab but it not
going to proxy 10.10.10.1 for some odd reason so I know I
sent it up right it just part workng and part is not?

is there a patch to fix this issue?

When you configured the IE maintenance policy make sure you were not in preference
mode which will apply the policy only once and the other thing that may help is to
enable IE maintenance policy processing under computer configuration/administrative
templates/system/Group Policy for process even if GPO has not changed. Use gpresult
/u /v to see what part of user configuration is being applied. and when it was last
applied. --- Steve

> I setup to get proxy p 10.10.10.1 and not allow connection
> tab all group are configured this way and the only thing
> that is working is there no connection tab but it not
> going to proxy 10.10.10.1 for some odd reason so I know I
> sent it up right it just part workng and part is not?
>
> is there a patch to fix this issue?

I try the step below still fails group b does not get the
proxy 10.10.10.1 and when I sue gpresult it tells the last
date applied was today.

Please help. This driving me nuts

I can't recommend much more other than that the proxy settings will be user specific
based on logged on user unless you configure the proxy settings to be the same for
all users on the computer under computer configuration/administrative
templates/Windows components/Internet Explorer. The link below shows some options to
troubleshoot Group Policy application problems. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B250842