port 25 open

Someone do me a favor and go to www.sygatetech.com ,
click on Quick Scan and tell me what your port 25 reads.
Should this be open, closed, or blocked? I understand
what port 25 does, but not sure if it being open is safe
and / or correct. Seems like it should be blocked or
closed. I'm running SBS 2000 with Exchange 2000, and ISA
firewall.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi,

Since you have Exchange installed (and probably published through ISA) port
25 should be opened -- if you want to receive e-mail from internet to your
Exchange server...

If you don't want or need an e-mail from internet, you can close your port
25.

If you will leave your port 25 open (for incoming e-mails) then make sure
you have your Exchange server configured not to relay e-mail for any
external domains but yours...

I hope this helps,

Mike