port 25 open

Someone do me a favor and go to www.sygatetech.com ,
click on Quick Scan and tell me what your port 25 reads.
Should this be open, closed, or blocked? I understand
what port 25 does, but not sure if it being open is safe
and / or correct. Seems like it should be blocked or
closed. I'm running SBS 2000 with Exchange 2000, and ISA
firewall.

Any help is appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about port open

    Hi,

    Since you have Exchange installed (and probably published through ISA) port
    25 should be opened -- if you want to receive e-mail from internet to your
    Exchange server...

    If you don't want or need an e-mail from internet, you can close your port
    25.

    If you will leave your port 25 open (for incoming e-mails) then make sure
    you have your Exchange server configured not to relay e-mail for any
    external domains but yours...

    I hope this helps,

    Mike

    "ntwrk admn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Someone do me a favor and go to www.sygatetech.com ,
    > click on Quick Scan and tell me what your port 25 reads.
    > Should this be open, closed, or blocked? I understand
    > what port 25 does, but not sure if it being open is safe
    > and / or correct. Seems like it should be blocked or
    > closed. I'm running SBS 2000 with Exchange 2000, and ISA
    > firewall.
    >
    > Any help is appreciated.

Microsoft Windows