SECPOL.MSC

I have used the Security Analysis and Configuration tool
to set several security items on a Windows 2000 (sp3)
server that is a . Once specific item, Unsigned driver
installation behavior, has been set to Warn but allow
installation through a template I created. Yet, when I
open SECPOL.MSC the local and effective settings are
both 'Not Defined'. This security setting is set to 'Not
defined' in all levels of Group Policy that would effect
this server. So why is it still showing up a Not Defined
when I have defined it locally with a security template?
Thanks.

Not sure why, but I have noticed on occasion where using secpol.msc was not
100 percent accurate in that I though the same thing about a configured
setting and when I ran the Security Configruation and Analysis tool it did
show the setting as defined and after running the SCA tool it showed as
defined using secpol.msc. --- Steve