what am i doing wrong?!?!

bteagle93

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2007
ok sooo... pop in my 7900gtx......boots fine.....

pop it back in cuz i took it out and laid it in a static bag(nothing happened to it from that time on))....and no post...no video on the screen...i plugged the power in....i didnt screwed it in...

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG..???????

bteagle93

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2007
is there something in the bios...like not enough voltage going to the card???

cuz iam going from little card to big card here.....

Xazax310

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
ok so why did you take out the 7900GTX in the first place?

Two include way more details then

"ok sooo... pop in my 7900gtx......boots fine..... "

Come on how can we help you, it like telling 911 your house is on fire but then hanging up....neglecting to tell them WHERE YOU LIVE.

bteagle93

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2007
hahah sorry man just pissed....

ok so i installed it with the stock cooler....worked....
took it out to install my zalman....worked...
took it out cause my power supply sucks....
put it back in...and it didnt post!!!

its retarded...

and the harddrive made this sound like...it was booting...then 10 seconds later it made it again...made it again...again...again..etc

what am i doing wrong?!?!

Xazax310

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
So you were running it first on Low wattage? with different coolers? then upgraded the PSU put it back in hoping to get some more milage outa it and nothing?

The only things i can think of is
A) your PCI-E slot on the motherboard is no longer correctly working(if you have another try that out)
B) The PCI-E slot connecter on the card got hit with static and no longer works killing the card.

You can hopefully still RMA the card to your vendor, that would always be my first choice in such subjects.

bteagle93

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2007
ahhh

my 6200 works perfect.....

DAMN I SURE HOPE ITS NOT DEAD!

i can rma it but my parents are going to be pissed!

JJMAN

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2005
ok so i installed it with the stock cooler....worked....
took it out to install my zalman....worked...
took it out cause my power supply sucks....
put it back in...and it didnt post!!!

From what this says you are saying that after you installed your zalman cooler, it "DID" work. You took it out to change the PS and now it doesnt work. Take the powersupply that you took out and put it back in to test and make sure the card is still good. Could be your new ps is pooped. Just try it. :)

madmurph

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
Sounds like a problem with your PSU since your other card powered up. I'm assuming you remembered to plug the 6-pin pci-x in to the video card, whilst R&R'ing the card? Doesn't that PSU have modular cables? Is the cable going from the PSU to the video card firmly inserted into the PSU? If so, try borrowing another PSU and try it before RMA'ing the card.

bteagle93

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2007
no....this is the same power supply....

i just put the card away for an hour in some antistatic bag...cuz i didnt need the card cuz the power supply is only 19a...

AHH