local policy security

We need to add a domain user to the locaL POLICY security of 300 servers via
an automated script or such????

security policy we need to add the userid to:

Generate Security Audits.
Managing Auditing and Security Log.
6 answers Last reply
More about local policy security

    If those servers are in the same OU structure you can create a GPO for the OU and
    configure it by adding the domain user to those user rights under security
    settings/local policies/user rights. Otherwise you could do it with a startup script
    using the ntrights command. See the links below on ntrights. --- Steve

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315276
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245207

    Example:[ ntrights -u mydomain\username +r SeAuditPrivilege ]

    "dw" <dw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > We need to add a domain user to the locaL POLICY security of 300 servers via
    > an automated script or such????
    >

    > security policy we need to add the userid to:
    >
    > Generate Security Audits.
    > Managing Auditing and Security Log.

    Thank you

    but the links are for windows nt 4.0 and xp we need one for windows 2000
    the GPO is a good idea except when we tried this it locked up all the security event logs access.

    "dw" wrote:

    > We need to add a domain user to the locaL POLICY security of 300 servers via
    > an automated script or such????
    >

    > security policy we need to add the userid to:
    >
    > Generate Security Audits.
    > Managing Auditing and Security Log.

    Thank you
    the security policy we need to add the userid to:

    > Generate Security Audits.
    > Managing Auditing and Security Log.

    This utility does not cover these policies..

    "dw" wrote:

    > We need to add a domain user to the locaL POLICY security of 300 servers via
    > an automated script or such????
    >

    > security policy we need to add the userid to:
    >
    > Generate Security Audits.
    > Managing Auditing and Security Log.

    Ntrights works fine in W2K also and is part of the Windows 2000 Resource Kit. The KB
    link below shows that using it to set logon locally as an example. Test it out on a
    few server to see if it does what you want. --- Steve

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;279664

    > Thank you
    >
    > but the links are for windows nt 4.0 and xp we need one for windows 2000
    > the GPO is a good idea except when we tried this it locked up all the security
    event logs access.

    > "dw" wrote:
    >
    > > We need to add a domain user to the locaL POLICY security of 300 servers via
    > > an automated script or such????
    > >

    > > security policy we need to add the userid to:
    > >
    > > Generate Security Audits.
    > > Managing Auditing and Security Log.

    The two in the list below should meet your needs using ntrights. --- Steve

    SeAuditPrivilege: Generate security audits
    SeSecurityPrivilege: Manage auditing and security log

    > Thank you
    > the security policy we need to add the userid to:
    > >
    > > Generate Security Audits.
    > > Managing Auditing and Security Log.
    >
    > This utility does not cover these policies..
    >

    > "dw" wrote:
    >
    > > We need to add a domain user to the locaL POLICY security of 300 servers via
    > > an automated script or such????
    > >

    > > security policy we need to add the userid to:
    > >
    > > Generate Security Audits.
    > > Managing Auditing and Security Log.

    Thank You.

    "Steven Umbach" wrote:

    > The two in the list below should meet your needs using ntrights. --- Steve
    >
    > SeAuditPrivilege: Generate security audits
    > SeSecurityPrivilege: Manage auditing and security log
    >

    > "dw" <dw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Thank you
    > > the security policy we need to add the userid to:
    > > >
    > > > Generate Security Audits.
    > > > Managing Auditing and Security Log.
    > >
    > > This utility does not cover these policies..
    > >

    > > "dw" wrote:
    > >
    > > > We need to add a domain user to the locaL POLICY security of 300 servers via
    > > > an automated script or such????
    > > >

    > > > security policy we need to add the userid to:
    > > >
    > > > Generate Security Audits.
    > > > Managing Auditing and Security Log.

Policy Security Microsoft Windows