Accessing data of the other user

G

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

Hi,
I had a user named hi in my windows 2000 system. I have assigned the only all right to this user. Even administrator could delete file from that folder only can read and copy the files. One day my system crashed and I had to reinstall windows 2000 on my system. Now if I want to access that folder with the administrator or same user I have created after the reloading windows 2000. Then also I am not able to access of the files of that folder with even read permission.

I thar folder I have critical data and I want to copy some other location. But I am not able to do the so.

Please help.

With Regards

Gaurav Swarup Sharma

G

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

Hopefully those files were not encrypted by EFS as you may never gain access but
assuming that is not the case logon as an administrator and go to the folder. Right
click and select properties and then go to security page. Add or grant the
administrators group full control permissions. If you are not able to do that, then
go into the advanced page/ownership and grant ownership to the administrators group.
Then you should be able to grant the administrators group full control permissions so
that the files can be accessed. --- Steve

"Gaurav Swarup Sharma" <Gaurav Swarup Sharma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:25C31329-53AF-4EB3-BFC1-52E824EA356D@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> I had a user named hi in my windows 2000 system. I have assigned the only all right
to this user. Even administrator could delete file from that folder only can read and
copy the files. One day my system crashed and I had to reinstall windows 2000 on my
system. Now if I want to access that folder with the administrator or same user I
have created after the reloading windows 2000. Then also I am not able to access of
the files of that folder with even read permission.
>
> I thar folder I have critical data and I want to copy some other location. But I am
not able to do the so.
>
> Please help.
>
> With Regards
>
> Gaurav Swarup Sharma