The confusion keeps going!

Algo

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2004
Ok this is getting way too confusing. I thought everyone was in consensus that the core 2 duo setup from earlier was better. I have my newegg card ready with what I had earlier, I just replaced the E4300 with the E6300, bringing the total up slightly. I like AMD too, however everything i've read seems to favor the C2D over the X2. I'll hold off on clicking the checkout button a little longer to see if anyone can help me decide whether I should continue with the C2D setup I have or go with the X2 above.

alcattle

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
I checked in your first thread and did not the final cart. Might want to repost the link.
I think if it is still in your budget, go for the C2D. Right now today the two processors are running close price/power ratio. More I read, I seeing the AM2 socket might not be "The" socket of the future. The LGA775 shows no signs of being dropped.

Algo

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2004
I checked in your first thread and did not the final cart. Might want to repost the link.
I think if it is still in your budget, go for the C2D. Right now today the two processors are running close price/power ratio. More I read, I seeing the AM2 socket might not be "The" socket of the future. The LGA775 shows no signs of being dropped.

Sorry, I meant to reply in the other thread