activysync 3.8 messes up mozilla/firefox?

May 8, 2005 2:30:56 PM

Happened twice now, as I have acronis image and returned to an image
before I updated to activesync 3.8. When I install Activesync 3.8
firefox and mozilla misbehave, in the sense that when I enter a URL
nothing happens, and likewise, when I click a link nothing happens;
this is not always, but often enough to be annoying, such as every few
minutes, or more frequently, and I've only noticed this after I
installed activesync 3.8, and it's happened twice now.

Firefox and mozilla are the latest stable releases, activesync 3.8 was
updated to from 3.7.
Anonymous
May 8, 2005 5:02:40 PM

Walt Basil wrote:
> I also use Firefox and have not experienced this. Version 1.0.3, and
> Activesyc 3.8
>
> On 5/8/2005 11:30:54 AM, "casioculture" wrote:
> >
> >Happened twice now, as I have acronis image and returned to an image
> >before I updated to activesync 3.8. When I install Activesync 3.8
> >firefox and mozilla misbehave, in the sense that when I enter a URL
> >nothing happens, and likewise, when I click a link nothing happens;
> >this is not always, but often enough to be annoying, such as every
few
> >minutes, or more frequently, and I've only noticed this after I
> >installed activesync 3.8, and it's happened twice now.
> >
> >Firefox and mozilla are the latest stable releases, activesync 3.8
was
> >updated to from 3.7.

It's definitely the case on my comptuer. How can I uninstall activesync
3.8?

> --
> Walt
Anonymous
May 8, 2005 5:39:10 PM

--
Walt
May 9, 2005 12:59:35 AM

casioculture wrote:
> Happened twice now, as I have acronis image and returned to an image
> before I updated to activesync 3.8. When I install Activesync 3.8
> firefox and mozilla misbehave, in the sense that when I enter a URL
> nothing happens, and likewise, when I click a link nothing happens;
> this is not always, but often enough to be annoying, such as every few
> minutes, or more frequently, and I've only noticed this after I
> installed activesync 3.8, and it's happened twice now.
>
> Firefox and mozilla are the latest stable releases, activesync 3.8 was
> updated to from 3.7.

If you just updated Firefox to 1.0.3 it may be more to do with the Firefox
update. This was the first time since the 0.9 series that I've risked
updating on top of a previous install, and I had all manner of problems
again - extensions misbehaving, Firefox not quitting properly etc. I had to
do a full uninstall, delete profile, reinstall, and then reinstall all my
extensions to get it back to rights.

Tony
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 2:02:56 AM

"casioculture" <casioculture@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Walt Basil wrote:
>> I also use Firefox and have not experienced this. Version 1.0.3, and
>> Activesyc 3.8
>>
>> On 5/8/2005 11:30:54 AM, "casioculture" wrote:
>> >
>> >Happened twice now, as I have acronis image and returned to an image
>> >before I updated to activesync 3.8. When I install Activesync 3.8
>> >firefox and mozilla misbehave, in the sense that when I enter a URL
>> >nothing happens, and likewise, when I click a link nothing happens;
>> >this is not always, but often enough to be annoying, such as every
> few
>> >minutes, or more frequently, and I've only noticed this after I
>> >installed activesync 3.8, and it's happened twice now.
>> >
>> >Firefox and mozilla are the latest stable releases, activesync 3.8
> was
>> >updated to from 3.7.
>> >

> It's definitely the case on my comptuer. How can I uninstall activesync
> 3.8?
>

>> --
>> Walt

Telling which OS you use could be helpful here, but how about looking at
Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel? If you use XP there are usually
system restore points.
Anonymous
May 9, 2005 3:47:11 AM

Tony A. wrote:

> If you just updated Firefox to 1.0.3 it may be more to do with the Firefox
> update. This was the first time since the 0.9 series that I've risked
> updating on top of a previous install, and I had all manner of problems
> again - extensions misbehaving, Firefox not quitting properly etc. I had to
> do a full uninstall, delete profile, reinstall, and then reinstall all my
> extensions to get it back to rights.
>
> Tony

You do need to look for updated extensions and themes after updating
Firefox as many are version specific. I have progressively updated mine
from 0.9 to 1.0.3 and not experienced any problems once updated
extensions have been installed.

--
Regards

Steve G