credentials supplied conflict w/ existing credentials

Hi all,

I have Active Directory on a Win2K server. After
reformating the machine, one workstation in the network
cannot access the domain due to a "credentials supplied
conflict w/ an existing set of credentials" conflict. I
tried the soltion based on the knowledge base article
197987. Is there anything else I can try?

Melanie

See replies to your other posts. Please don't multipost - if you need to
post to multiple groups, it's best to crosspost instead, by posting a single
message to a handful of relevant groups (separate the NG names with commas)
so that everyone can follow the thread. Thanks :)

See http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm

melanie wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have Active Directory on a Win2K server. After
> reformating the machine, one workstation in the network
> cannot access the domain due to a "credentials supplied
> conflict w/ an existing set of credentials" conflict. I
> tried the soltion based on the knowledge base article
> 197987. Is there anything else I can try?
>
> Melanie

Hello,

There is a network share or resource that is somehow being mapped. Even
though
there are no network shares listed in Windows Explorer, and a "net use" or
a "net
session" return the message, "There are no entries in the list", still,
there is
something that is mapping a drive.

Delete all open connections from the domain controller you are attempting
connect to.

Net use * /d /y

Thank You.

Diana.