fax on xp pro in the domain

Hi,

Im my domain we have w2k servers and the workstations we use xp pro.

On the station of one employee he must use also a fax with a modem connected
to the telefhone line.

I think that this is a security problem.

I cant remove the fax from his pc .my question is what are the steps to
protect this pc from being a security problem to all the network ?

thanks !!

What is it you're worried about exactly?

sancho wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Im my domain we have w2k servers and the workstations we use xp pro.
>
> On the station of one employee he must use also a fax with a modem
> connected to the telefhone line.
>
> I think that this is a security problem.
>
> I cant remove the fax from his pc .my question is what are the steps
> to protect this pc from being a security problem to all the network ?
>
> thanks !!

I am worried that a hacker could enter the network from the modem that is
connected to this telephone line.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> What is it you're worried about exactly?
>
> sancho wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Im my domain we have w2k servers and the workstations we use xp pro.
> >
> > On the station of one employee he must use also a fax with a modem
> > connected to the telefhone line.
> >
> > I think that this is a security problem.
> >
> > I cant remove the fax from his pc .my question is what are the steps
> > to protect this pc from being a security problem to all the network ?
> >
> > thanks !!

If you don't enable inbound connections, they can't....

sancho wrote:
> I am worried that a hacker could enter the network from the modem
> that is connected to this telephone line.
>
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:OzwvfYYcEHA.2544@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> What is it you're worried about exactly?
>>
>> sancho wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Im my domain we have w2k servers and the workstations we use xp pro.
>>>
>>> On the station of one employee he must use also a fax with a modem
>>> connected to the telefhone line.
>>>
>>> I think that this is a security problem.
>>>
>>> I cant remove the fax from his pc .my question is what are the steps
>>> to protect this pc from being a security problem to all the network
>>> ?
>>>
>>> thanks !!

What U mean enable inbound connections ?

where I enable/disable it ?

what happens whan I disable this ?

thanks
"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"