Incomplete User List With Win 98 Shares

Hello all.

On a Windows 2000 server controlled domain, users with Win 95/98 machines
cannot see all other users when trying to share a directory. Initially, all
users were visible, however at some point in the past new users would not
appear on the share list.
I suspect the change occurred after installing a patch.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Julian.
5 answers Last reply
More about incomplete user list shares

    See reply in m.p.windows.server.sbs. Please don't multipost - if you need to
    post to multiple groups, it's best to crosspost instead, by posting a single
    message to a handful of relevant groups (separate the NG names with commas)
    so that everyone can follow the thread. Thanks :-)

    See http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm

    Julian wrote:
    > Hello all.
    >
    > On a Windows 2000 server controlled domain, users with Win 95/98
    > machines cannot see all other users when trying to share a directory.
    > Initially, all users were visible, however at some point in the past
    > new users would not appear on the share list.
    > I suspect the change occurred after installing a patch.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >

    > Julian.

    Will not multipost in future.
    Thanks for the response, but I cannot find the reply in
    m.p.windows.server.sbs.

    Regards,

    Julian.

    "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
    > See reply in m.p.windows.server.sbs. Please don't multipost - if you need
    > post to multiple groups, it's best to crosspost instead, by posting a
    single
    > message to a handful of relevant groups (separate the NG names with
    commas)
    > so that everyone can follow the thread. Thanks :-)
    >
    > See http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
    >
    > Julian wrote:
    > > Hello all.
    > >
    > > On a Windows 2000 server controlled domain, users with Win 95/98
    > > machines cannot see all other users when trying to share a directory.
    > > Initially, all users were visible, however at some point in the past
    > > new users would not appear on the share list.
    > > I suspect the change occurred after installing a patch.
    > >
    > > Any ideas?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >

    > > Julian.

    It's there - set your OE view to filter by replies to your posts.

    Julian wrote:
    > Will not multipost in future.
    > Thanks for the response, but I cannot find the reply in
    > m.p.windows.server.sbs.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Julian.
    >
    > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
    > message news:eVTpFfxcEHA.3896@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    >> See reply in m.p.windows.server.sbs. Please don't multipost - if you
    >> need to post to multiple groups, it's best to crosspost instead, by
    >> posting a single message to a handful of relevant groups (separate
    >> the NG names with commas) so that everyone can follow the thread.
    >> Thanks :-)
    >>
    >> See http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
    >>
    >> Julian wrote:
    >>> Hello all.
    >>>
    >>> On a Windows 2000 server controlled domain, users with Win 95/98
    >>> machines cannot see all other users when trying to share a
    >>> directory. Initially, all users were visible, however at some point
    >>> in the past new users would not appear on the share list.
    >>> I suspect the change occurred after installing a patch.
    >>>
    >>> Any ideas?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>

    >>> Julian.

    Found it thanks. OE playing up.
    I reset the newsgroups.

    Thanks,

    Julian.

    "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
    > It's there - set your OE view to filter by replies to your posts.
    >
    > Julian wrote:
    > > Will not multipost in future.
    > > Thanks for the response, but I cannot find the reply in
    > > m.p.windows.server.sbs.
    > >
    > > Regards,
    > >
    > > Julian.
    > >
    > > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
    > > <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in
    > > message news:eVTpFfxcEHA.3896@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
    > >> See reply in m.p.windows.server.sbs. Please don't multipost - if you
    > >> need to post to multiple groups, it's best to crosspost instead, by
    > >> posting a single message to a handful of relevant groups (separate
    > >> the NG names with commas) so that everyone can follow the thread.
    > >> Thanks :-)
    > >>
    > >> See http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm

    Glad to hear it!

    Julian wrote:
    > Found it thanks. OE playing up.
    > I reset the newsgroups.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Julian.
    >
    > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
    > message news:O7ekbxJdEHA.2812@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    >> It's there - set your OE view to filter by replies to your posts.
    >>
    >> Julian wrote:
    >>> Will not multipost in future.
    >>> Thanks for the response, but I cannot find the reply in
    >>> m.p.windows.server.sbs.
    >>>
    >>> Regards,
    >>>
    >>> Julian.
    >>>
    >>> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"