Incomplete User List With Win 98 Shares

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
July 26, 2004 4:01:06 PM

Hello all.

On a Windows 2000 server controlled domain, users with Win 95/98 machines
cannot see all other users when trying to share a directory. Initially, all
users were visible, however at some point in the past new users would not
appear on the share list.
I suspect the change occurred after installing a patch.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Julian.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 26, 2004 4:01:07 PM

See reply in m.p.windows.server.sbs. Please don't multipost - if you need to
post to multiple groups, it's best to crosspost instead, by posting a single
message to a handful of relevant groups (separate the NG names with commas)
so that everyone can follow the thread. Thanks :-)

See http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm

Julian wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> On a Windows 2000 server controlled domain, users with Win 95/98
> machines cannot see all other users when trying to share a directory.
> Initially, all users were visible, however at some point in the past
> new users would not appear on the share list.
> I suspect the change occurred after installing a patch.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>

> Julian.
July 28, 2004 4:43:16 PM

Will not multipost in future.
Thanks for the response, but I cannot find the reply in
m.p.windows.server.sbs.

Regards,

Julian.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> See reply in m.p.windows.server.sbs. Please don't multipost - if you need
> post to multiple groups, it's best to crosspost instead, by posting a
single
> message to a handful of relevant groups (separate the NG names with
commas)
> so that everyone can follow the thread. Thanks :-)
>
> See http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>
> Julian wrote:
> > Hello all.
> >
> > On a Windows 2000 server controlled domain, users with Win 95/98
> > machines cannot see all other users when trying to share a directory.
> > Initially, all users were visible, however at some point in the past
> > new users would not appear on the share list.
> > I suspect the change occurred after installing a patch.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > Julian.

a b 8 Security
July 28, 2004 4:43:17 PM

It's there - set your OE view to filter by replies to your posts.

Julian wrote:
> Will not multipost in future.
> Thanks for the response, but I cannot find the reply in
> m.p.windows.server.sbs.
>
> Regards,
>
> Julian.
>
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> message news:eVTpFfxcEHA.3896@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> See reply in m.p.windows.server.sbs. Please don't multipost - if you
>> need to post to multiple groups, it's best to crosspost instead, by
>> posting a single message to a handful of relevant groups (separate
>> the NG names with commas) so that everyone can follow the thread.
>> Thanks :-)
>>
>> See http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>>
>> Julian wrote:
>>> Hello all.
>>>
>>> On a Windows 2000 server controlled domain, users with Win 95/98
>>> machines cannot see all other users when trying to share a
>>> directory. Initially, all users were visible, however at some point
>>> in the past new users would not appear on the share list.
>>> I suspect the change occurred after installing a patch.
>>>
>>> Any ideas?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>

>>> Julian.
July 28, 2004 5:23:02 PM

Found it thanks. OE playing up.
I reset the newsgroups.

Thanks,

Julian.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
news:o 7ekbxJdEHA.2812@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> It's there - set your OE view to filter by replies to your posts.
>
> Julian wrote:
> > Will not multipost in future.
> > Thanks for the response, but I cannot find the reply in
> > m.p.windows.server.sbs.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Julian.
> >
> > "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> > <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> wrote in
> > message news:eVTpFfxcEHA.3896@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> >> See reply in m.p.windows.server.sbs. Please don't multipost - if you
> >> need to post to multiple groups, it's best to crosspost instead, by
> >> posting a single message to a handful of relevant groups (separate
> >> the NG names with commas) so that everyone can follow the thread.
> >> Thanks :-)
> >>
> >> See http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm

Anonymous
a b 8 Security