Allow user only one login at a time.

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
a b 8 Security
July 26, 2004 11:17:20 AM

(Might be the wrong place to ask but I'll try anyway)
Can you enforce that a user be only logged in at one place at a time?
Thanks for any pointers.
--
Ian

More about : user login time

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 26, 2004 10:05:20 PM

Grumpycrab wrote:

> (Might be the wrong place to ask but I'll try anyway)
> Can you enforce that a user be only logged in at one place at a time?
> Thanks for any pointers.
Hi

Nothing builtin that can help you here I'm afraid.

The UserLock product in the link below is an option
http://www.softwareshelf.com/products/display.asp?p=42

Microsoft's solution:

You could install the CCONNECT Microsoft Resource Kit utility onto every
computer, it is in the Win2k Server Resource Kit, Supplement 1 (pay ware, and
you will need a SQL server database as well).

More about CCONNECT here:
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3F5CE888.8A3EE8D3%...

Here is a third option you might get to work:

Tip 296 at http://www.jsiinc.com/

and
0296 » A better way to prevent a user from logging on more than once.
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBA/tip0200/rh0296.htm

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
a b 8 Security
July 27, 2004 5:39:03 AM

"Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)" <Torgeir.Bakken-spam@hydro.com> wrote in message news:<#Y5xCrycEHA.2544@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>...
> Grumpycrab wrote:
>
> > (Might be the wrong place to ask but I'll try anyway)
> > Can you enforce that a user be only logged in at one place at a time?
> > Thanks for any pointers.
> Hi
>
> Nothing builtin that can help you here I'm afraid.
>

> The UserLock product in the link below is an option
> http://www.softwareshelf.com/products/display.asp?p=42
>

> Microsoft's solution:
>
> You could install the CCONNECT Microsoft Resource Kit utility onto every
> computer, it is in the Win2k Server Resource Kit, Supplement 1 (pay ware, and
> you will need a SQL server database as well).
>
> More about CCONNECT here:
> http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=3F5CE888.8A3EE8D3%...
>

> Here is a third option you might get to work:
>
> Tip 296 at http://www.jsiinc.com/
>
> and
> 0296 » A better way to prevent a user from logging on more than once.
> http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBA/tip0200/rh0296.htm

Torgeir, thanks for the information.
--
Ian