Lose printers after logging off

jeremy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I am having a problem with my domain users loseing their
printers everytime they log off of the server. It
doesn't matter if it is on their terminal services
connection or signed in right at the server. Is there a
setting that needs to be changed? I did setup some group
policy settings to lock down the dekstop and also the
control panel etc, but nothing to do with printers. It
lets them install it again, but then when they log off
and back in their gone!

HELP!!

Have you installed the printer as an administrator so that the printer
is already setup. Then the users just need to connect to it. As far as
I'm aware once the printer has been setup by an administrator the
users should be able to connect and keep these settings stored in
their profiles aslong as you are using roaming profiles. If the users
accounts dont use roaming profiles this could be your problem. Hope
this might help.