Setting Permanent Security Traits

When this computer was built for me, it was made to
function as a file server computer. Therefore, there are
no users that you log in as. When a document is created
or edited on the file server, the default security traits
of it include full access to the administrator on the file
server, but nobody on any of the other computers in the
network. It is then necessary to manually go in to each
file and change the permissions. Is it possible to change
the default security permissions so that all files edited
or created are automatically open to everyone?
2 answers Last reply
More about setting permanent security traits

    The users that need access to the folders/files need to be added to the local users
    group of the server unless it is a domain server and domain users are trying to
    access. You can configure folder/file permissions to your needs by selecting the
    folder properties, then security and adding the users or groups that need access and
    give them the appropriate access. Normally you want to assign permissions to groups
    and not users. You can create your own groups and add users to the groups. Share
    permissions are also configured in share properties, and apply only to network users
    in conjunction with ntfs permissions. Users need at least read/list to read an open
    files and additionally write to create files. To modify files a user needs at least
    write and maybe modify. Modify is also needed to delete files.If the creator owner is
    in the permissions list, a user will receive creator owner permissions to files they
    create based on ownership as shown in security/advanced - ownership. For shares read
    will allow access and execute while modify is needed to create and delete files. The
    links below may help. -- Steve

    http://www.windowsitlibrary.com/Content/592/toc.html
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=301195

    "Erik" <ejb333@msn.com> wrote in message
    > When this computer was built for me, it was made to
    > function as a file server computer. Therefore, there are
    > no users that you log in as. When a document is created
    > or edited on the file server, the default security traits
    > of it include full access to the administrator on the file
    > server, but nobody on any of the other computers in the
    > network. It is then necessary to manually go in to each
    > file and change the permissions. Is it possible to change
    > the default security permissions so that all files edited
    > or created are automatically open to everyone?

    everything else?

Security Computers File Server Windows