Tracking Admin Logon

We have multiple domain controllers in our environment, with multiple domain admins. We have created a special account for domain admins. We have also enable Auditing on accounts. The problem is that the admins logs in using their regular (non admin Id ) and then uses the 'RUN AS' Option to run the active directory users - admin tool to make changes to the user accounts. The system generates a log for any changes made eg to the Global groups. Since they do not interacivtely login using their admin ID, there is no corresponding logs recorded for their log in.
Is there a way to monitor, the user / system that was used to logon to the domain and then 'use RUN AS' option to execute the other tools ????

First you would have to enable auditing of logon events on computers where you want
to track runas use. Then you can look for Event ID's 528 and 538 that use "seclogon"
[which
is secondary logon] as the logon process for those users. You can use Event Comb,
free from MS, to
scan multiple computers by entering seclogon in the text box and events 528 and 538
as events to search for. Those would be for successful logons using runas. If you
also want to track failed logons you will have to scan for more event id's as shown
in the link below. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/WindowsServ/2003/datacenter/proddocs/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/windowsserv/2003/datacenter/proddocs/en-us/518.asp