performance difference from x800xt to 1950xtx agp version?

Hello,
I am debating on upgrading my x800xt platinum msi vid card for one of the x1950xt or x1900 agp cards. I am not sure if it would be worth it for me though what do you guys think? I would like to turn all my settings up as much as possible.
I am trying to figure out if i will see a worthwhile performance increase from what i have.

I have amd64 3500 74 gig raptor msi k8nneo2 platinum mobo and 1 gig of corsair.
3 answers Last reply
More about performance difference x800xt 1950xtx version
  1. night and day
  2. There is no X1950XT or XTX AGP, only the X1950 Pro AGP. But on your system, there would be a huge difference going from X800XT to X1950 pro, depending on the game and settings you play at.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/02/01/agp-platform-analysis/

Look at Tom's review (linked above) as the 3400+ is a perfect comparison for your system. The X800XT is a bit behind the 7600GT/7800GS overall(the higher clocked x800xtpe would be about equal), but close enough and it would take some games. So just use those two for a comparison and you will see in GPU intensive games the X1950 pro spanks those other cards. You'll also be getting a capable SM3 card that can do HDR in Oblivion and Farcry and is also capable of playing any SM3.0 only titles that may appear like SC:Double Agent.
  3. I am running PCIe, but I went from an ATI X850XT Platinum Edition to an ATI X1950Pro.
    No comparison. Big, big difference.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Platinum Performance Graphics MSI-Microstar