Bought Laptop

Colin

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002

I just bought a used laptop and do not have the password
to get into the system.. The laptop is a dell latitude
cpx and has no floppy drive.. Is there a way i can get
the password to the administrators account.. I have tried
the built in account with Administrator/password and
nothing.. any help would be appreciated.

colin wrote:
> I just bought a used laptop and do not have the password
> to get into the system.. The laptop is a dell latitude
> cpx and has no floppy drive.. Is there a way i can get
> the password to the administrators account.. I have tried
> the built in account with Administrator/password and
> nothing.. any help would be appreciated.

Hack your password:
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html

Another:
http://www.thomasmathiesen.com/itak/html/software.html

(You can create a CD or something..)

Otherwise - Clean install it.

--
<- Shenan ->

Colin

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2002

of
>completeness, accuracy or timeliness, and without
warranties of any
>kind, express or implied. In other words, read up
before you take any
>advice - you are the one ultimately responsible for your
actions.

>.

Thank you for the quick response. Used the information
from the first site that you listed, created the boot cd
and reset the password.

Once again thank you very much.

Colin.