Password hashing

I've been reading over the Windows 2000 Kerberos white
paper and had a quick question: Who/What determines which
password hash algorithm will be used? For example, how
does the workstation know that the server will use MD5?
Thanks.

I don't know the intimate details of kerberos but it will use the strongest
option available when used between computers or users. The link below may be
of help and shows how you can check with klist or kerbtray from the Resource
Kit. --- Steve

http://www.windowsitlibrary.com/Content/617/06/6.html --- see Kerberos
encryption types section
http://www.windowsitlibrary.com/Content/617/06/1.html