• Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
February 10, 2007 1:43:29 PM

Just put together this new build:

Intel Core 2 DUO LGA775 E6400
Gigabyte 965P DS3
2GB Corsair XMS2-6400C5
Gainward BLISS GeForce 7900 GS

i get one beep followed by 2 shorter ones but no output to the monitor.

the monitor works i know that.
I've tried every combination of the RAM in every slot AND some slower DDR2 ram reseting the CMOS with each try, but still the same problem.
Ive tried reseating the graphics card too.

Im about to RMA the DS3 but they are gonna charge me if its not faulty!

Does anyone have any last ditch ideas?

cheers

tom

More about : 965p ds3 beeps post

February 10, 2007 2:29:18 PM

Do you have a sufficient PSU?
February 10, 2007 2:31:35 PM

forgot to add

580W Tagan modular jobby

should do it

Tom
Related resources
February 10, 2007 2:37:09 PM

PSU is clearly fine. You might try a different video card if you have one laying around.
February 10, 2007 2:42:49 PM

My mate is coming round now with another GFX card

If this doesnt work, what would you think the problem is.

I doubt if i will be able to convince him to lend me his CPU ;p

Tom
February 10, 2007 3:31:27 PM

1 long and 2 short beeps is a monitor or display card error. I take it you have powered the card with a seperate connector and double checked (as i know how utterly tough some pci-e slots can be) that it's seated correctly and is flush with the edge of the port i.e inserted all the way in 100%
February 11, 2007 2:15:48 AM

i have this board but don't remember installing a speaker or see one of the board? did i miss the speaker that should have come with my board? or are you guys hooking up the pc speaker in your case? my antec 900 does not come with one.
February 12, 2007 2:47:09 PM

I have the same Mobo and don't have any beeps (is it something I'am suppose to enable in bios?), but the computer works fine so far. Is this normal?
February 13, 2007 2:23:58 AM

If your buddy bring a different card and that doesn't work well it might be your PCI-E slot thats faulty but I might be wrong.
February 13, 2007 10:58:25 AM

Error beeps can only be heard if you connected the case speaker...and thats also if your case came with one! The motherboard has two pins that it should be connected to.

If your case didnt come with a speaker I'd have to recommend you get one from somewhere and try to attach it somehow....otherwise you'll not be aware of system errors such as the OP's. Any small tweeter of 8ohm is about right.
February 13, 2007 11:57:24 AM

Yeah thats right, I have the same mobo ( S3 version as opposed to DS3 ) and don't have bios beeps because my Thermaltake Tsunami didn't come with a speaker.

I had the same problem with my board not posting from cold boot sometimes, The way i solved it was by removing the GFX card and PCI devices, in this case just a TV card, then clearing CMOS and replacing the GFX and PCI cards.

All in all I've had a problem where the S3 wouldnt post on about 5 seperate occasions, and each time I've had to clear CMOS. The only difference between the S3 and DS3 is the lan controller and the use of solid capacitors on the DS3. If you do manage to boot into windows then use the BIOS flash program on the mainboard CD, Qflash i think its called to update to a fresher BIOS.

Additionally, my board has BIOS f3, and i think the current release is f6 or f8. So that could be you problem. Good luck gettin sorted m8.
February 13, 2007 4:55:06 PM

The newest bios for this board right now is F10