The account is not authorized to log in from this station

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 29, 2004 2:28:20 PM

Hi, my name´s John Hdez, i have a question and I need your
support.
We have a server with MS-Windows 2000 installed, and I try
to join it in a Windows NT domain, but when we trying to
add to the domain, We receive the next message:
"The account is not authorized to log in from this station"

I take a look in Knowledge base, here comments that we
need to disable the secure sign channels (mixed
environments NT-W2K not functioning this policy, but in my
server it´s disable).

Thanks for the TIP,
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 9:53:25 PM

This can be related to smb signing incompatibility. In the Local Security Policy of
the W2K Server go to security settings/local policies/security options and there are
four options for digitally sign communications, two that are for "always". Disable
the two always options and reboot the server. If that does not help I would try
resetting all security options to default defined levels. See the first KB bellow and
use it but append [ /areas securitypolicy ] to the end of the command. The last KB
may be helpful to review policy incompatibilities and the problems that can happen
and how to resolve. --- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;313222
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823659

"Johns Mexico" <jd.hernandez@itelcel.com> wrote in message
Hi, my name´s John Hdez, i have a question and I need your
support.
We have a server with MS-Windows 2000 installed, and I try
to join it in a Windows NT domain, but when we trying to
add to the domain, We receive the next message:
"The account is not authorized to log in from this station"

I take a look in Knowledge base, here comments that we
need to disable the secure sign channels (mixed
environments NT-W2K not functioning this policy, but in my
server it´s disable).

Thanks for the TIP,
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 9:53:26 PM

Thanks Steve for the TIP, I resolve the problem

Best Regards

John

Anonymous
July 30, 2004 1:58:29 AM

Glad it worked and thanks for reporting back. --- Steve

!