DVI switching

Last response: in Home Theatre
July 10, 2004 5:24:36 PM

Does anyone know if there is an AV receiver that will accept multiple DVI
inputs, either currently available or in the works? I haven't found one
looking around on the internet, though I found a dedicated 2 port DVI
switcher. Seems like an obvious feature for a high end receiver... The
reason I ask is that I have a HDTV with one DVI input and a Samsung DVD
player with DVI interface. My next purchase will be a HD DirecTIVO, and I
won't have an available DVI input for it.

DAW

More about : dvi switching

Anonymous
July 11, 2004 6:05:16 PM

Maybe the Tivo unit will have an AVI pass thru?

Does your DVD player have a component out? If you use instead, it would
free up the AVI for the Tivo unit. As long as your DVD is getting 480p,
what does it matter which interface you use?
FIF

"Scopacetic" <david_wilson@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if there is an AV receiver that will accept multiple DVI
> inputs, either currently available or in the works? I haven't found one
> looking around on the internet, though I found a dedicated 2 port DVI
> switcher. Seems like an obvious feature for a high end receiver... The
> reason I ask is that I have a HDTV with one DVI input and a Samsung DVD
> player with DVI interface. My next purchase will be a HD DirecTIVO, and I
> won't have an available DVI input for it.
>
> DAW

Anonymous
July 11, 2004 8:56:02 PM

No pass through on the TIVO or the DVD. I probably will go for the component
option rather than add expense and complexity with a dedicated switch box.
The decision will be tougher once HD DVD comes to market, but hopefully
there will be a more elegant solution by then. My current LCD rear projector
will be hopelessly outdated too at a meager 768 vertical resolution and time
to upgrade again...

DAW

!