lsass.exe being terminated for some reason

andi

Distinguished
Jul 9, 2004

This causes a message being poped up and shutting down the
windows. Happens 2-3 times a day now and very annoying.
Anybody knows why? and what should I do?

Regards
Andi

Very likely a virus on your computer. First thing to do is a total virus scan with
the latest virus definitions downloaded from your anti virus publishers website. The
McAfee Stinger tool is free and would also be worth a try. See the links below for
more details. Note that updating critical updates at Windows Update is important, but
will not solve current problems --- Steve

http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?productid=symhome&langid=ie&venid=sym
-- online scan.
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.aspx -- general minimum