Lsass.exe and CPU use in W2K Server

Ciao all,
could you please help me?
I don't know why lsass.exe process take 60%/70% of CPU
and Server is too slow...
Windows 2000 server with SP4 and MS-011 patch
Many thanks
Ciao
Massimo

If you have not done so, run a virus and parasite scan on it using the most
current definitions from the publishers website. See if it does the same in safe
mode. If it does not then there probably a startup application/service/driver
causing the problem. --- Steve