Problem with custom portraits

Help!! - Got a bit of a problem.

Following advice from here & the vault I can create/customise a character
with a "home-made" portrait. I can create the character, play a game &
save......

But when I come to load a saved game with a character with a "home-made"
portrait it crashes.
It's OK with a downloaded portrait - it just don't like the ones I've made.

Any suggestions ?

Manky Badger wrote:

> Help!! - Got a bit of a problem.
>
> Following advice from here & the vault I can create/customise a character
> with a "home-made" portrait. I can create the character, play a game &
> save......
>
> But when I come to load a saved game with a character with a "home-made"
> portrait it crashes.
> It's OK with a downloaded portrait - it just don't like the ones I've made.
>
> Any suggestions ?

Best guesses are that:

1) You haven't created *all* the portraits sizes (i.e. Huge, Large,
Medium, Small, Tiny) and somehow a missing portrait causes a crash?
(This is a slim chance for problems but it could happen.)

2) You are saving the TGA file at an unsupported bit-depth? (I think it
calls for 16-bit and not 32-bit ... or the other way around, it's been a
while since I made any).

3) Your saved game file (which stores lots of info) is unable to access
the original portrait or can't reconcile the new and old portraits and
is freaking out the program code?

4) You forgot to include the 'blank' space at the bottom of one or more
portraits?

Do you have any issues starting a new game with the custom portraits,
saving them, and reloading? Is it only with games that you have already
saved before changing the portrait?

Making a lot of wild guess here. Hope this helps.

- Sheldon

Vellu

Manky Badger kirjoitti:
> Help!! - Got a bit of a problem.
>
> Following advice from here & the vault I can create/customise a character
> with a "home-made" portrait. I can create the character, play a game &
> save......
>
> But when I come to load a saved game with a character with a "home-made"
> portrait it crashes.
> It's OK with a downloaded portrait - it just don't like the ones I've made.
>
> Any suggestions ?

Make sure the file format you have used is TGA - UNCOMPRESSED. NWN
sometimes gets confused with compressed tga images.