forgotten password and ost file

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
July 31, 2004 3:09:14 PM

Hi,

I have a laptop which was used on a network, I no longer
have access to this network (ex client). I still have the
profile and need to access some emails from the .ost file
from that profile, I have forgotten the password I used to
login to that profile as it has been nearly a year since I
last did so.

Any help to either force my old login or retreive the .ost
into Outlook would be most helpful.

Thanks

Trevski
Anonymous
August 1, 2004 12:26:09 AM

Trevski wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a laptop which was used on a network, I no longer
> have access to this network (ex client). I still have the
> profile and need to access some emails from the .ost file
> from that profile, I have forgotten the password I used to
> login to that profile as it has been nearly a year since I
> last did so.
>
> Any help to either force my old login or retreive the .ost
> into Outlook would be most helpful.
Hi

You might try to reset the local Administrator
password with one of the methods mentioned here:

http://securityadmin.info/noframes/faqget.asp#password

http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.ht...

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
August 1, 2004 12:26:10 AM

Hi,

I have local admin access to the laptop, I can't reset the
password for my old account as I don't have access to the
domain.

I can see the .ost file in my old profile under documents
and settings but can't import it into outlook as it
doesn't let me (it's associated with the old Exchange
Server on the domain)

I figure the only way I can get round this is to try and
recover the cached password from when I used to log onto
the domain, this way I could hopefully log back into my
profile,open Outlook and read the .ost file. Trouble is I
don't know how to do that

Anonymous
August 1, 2004 5:14:54 PM

Trevski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a laptop which was used on a network, I no longer
> have access to this network (ex client). I still have the
> profile and need to access some emails from the .ost file
> from that profile, I have forgotten the password I used to
> login to that profile as it has been nearly a year since I
> last did so.
>
> Any help to either force my old login or retreive the .ost
> into Outlook would be most helpful.

http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/07/ost_to_ps...

Rob Moir, Microsoft MVP for servers & security
Website - http://www.robertmoir.co.uk
Virtual PC 2004 FAQ - http://www.robertmoir.co.uk/win/VirtualPC2004FAQ.html

Kazaa - Software update services for your Viruses and Spyware.
!