Saturday NASCAR BUSCH race on NBC was in HD

Last response: in Home Theatre
July 10, 2004 10:49:24 PM

A a pleasant NBC-HD surprise...

Today's Chicago NASCAR BUSCH Race was in HD on NBC....

and our local NBC has had HiDef for 2 days...

On day 1, the Jay Leno HD 'city background' stage color was Superb!!

On NBC HD day 3, I expect tomorrow's Chicago Sunday NASCAR

Nextel Cup to be in HD...

Now I know that TNT- will pick up NASCAR Racing by the end

of July And I know TNT has HD capability......

But will TNT-HD do the NASCAR Racing in HD ????? Even a few Races ?
July 11, 2004 5:17:48 PM

Nope....not high enough HD penetration in trailer parks yet.

> But will TNT-HD do the NASCAR Racing in HD ????? Even a few Races ?
Anonymous
July 11, 2004 6:38:52 PM

that wasn't HD btw it was widescreen SD[nbc's not doing any races in HD other
than the daytona 500]
Anonymous
July 15, 2004 11:50:01 PM

Curmudgeon wrote:

> Nope....not high enough HD penetration in trailer parks yet.

Finally Curmud is wrong....

Just noted on NASCAR web site... 2nd NASCAR HD Program..

NASCAR NEXTEL Race on TNT-HD from Richmond, VA.. Short Track..
Sept 11 at 7 PM

That's a start... NASCAR is split between:
FOX & TNT & NBC....

TNT-HD is on many Time Warner Cable systems...
All will have HD running more often by Sept..

!