$150 Budget for Case/PSU, how are these choices?

NamelessMC

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2005
Okay, after summing together, I'm pretty much firm on a $700 budget for a system, but I don't want to go cheap on the PSU/Case.

Especially after I read a few reviews and saw that the Biostar TForce motherboard is amazing bang for buck compared to other 965P based boards, that area saved me $30-40 to throw toward my case/PSU unit.

Bearing that in mind, this budget is EXTREMELY tight, but I want quality over cut-corners.

That being said, what do you guys recommend out of the three following power supplies:
Ultra Max X-Infinity 600 Tier 2 $91.85
OCZ GameXStream 600 Tier 3 $99.99

Seeing as how Tier 2 is higher than Tier 3, I'd imagine the Ultra Max is more competitive and efficient, however Mpilch wasn't able to find the information needed to calculate total 12v+ rail amps, so I have no idea what I'm really getting for the money. Ultra Max isn't a brand I'm fully aware of, but the build quality, reviews and recommendations are high for it.

Now for cases I'm in an even more tighter area. I like the Centurion 5 but it honestly looks like a massive dust magnet. I don't have the patience to have to dust a computer every few days, as it would frustrate me more than the convenience of having a better build quality case to begin with.

Are there other build cases that are around the $40-60 budget (No rebates, check-out price only) that are worthy of any note?

TRENDING THREADS