Question for EVGA 122-CK-NF68-TR Owners

steelerfan

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2007
I’ve been reading conflicting stories on how many PCI-e x16 slots there are on the EVGA 122-CK-NF68-TR motherboard. Some places say 3 and some say 2. Newegg says 2. If you own this board, can you tell me how many really come on the board?

Thanks,

Bob

Zisme

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2007
The mother board has 3....if you look at a photo it has 2 in black for 1 card or SLI and a third one in BLUE incase you need to hook up 6 monitors..why I dont know. but it gives you that option.

holy_cow

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2007
Physically, it has 3 connectors the size of a 16x:

2 of them are really 16x (same color)
(for 2 vid cards or SLI or whatever you want on 16x)

plus

1 that is the size of a 16x BUT works at 8x.
For another vid card (non-sli, just more monitors) or a future physics card
or a good SAS raid card :D or anything else...

plus the rest of 1x and normal PCI

Hope this helped :)

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
Ageia promised a new second generation physics card that would not slow down framerates when used and provide improved physics....anyone hear of the release yet??? Or for that matter, both Nvidia and ATI were talking about using a slower end model like an 7800 or similar to offload physics in a 3 card setup...anyone hear anything about that???

Seems to me all they did was hype up their physics capabilities to stomp on Ageia's release with "possibilities" and "upcoming" capabilities but have released nothing to prove that so far.

If ATI and Nvidia were never going to release anything to actually compete with a dedicated physics card than why ruin Ageia's developments? Thats just wrong.

TRENDING THREADS