some windows are now resizable that normally aren't or wer..

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

all of the sudden some of my pop up dialogs and other windows are now
resizable that normally aren't or weren't. this is annoying as i now i
have to drag the corner of the window to increase its size to display
the dialog buttons, is there a fix ?

--
Woodzy

http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
http://q.webring.com/hub?ring=acfwebring ( un-official
alt.comp.freeware webring )

Colin Barnhorst (nojunk) wrote:
> After you drag to resize, close with the file menu instead of the red
X and
> then reopen. The windows should hold the new size.

Does not work. I also mean, that windows or popups that normally one
size or another now require me to drag corners to show buttons.

"(ProteanThread)" <rtdos@rtdos.com> wrote in message
> all of the sudden some of my pop up dialogs and other windows are now
> resizable that normally aren't or weren't. this is annoying as i now i
> have to drag the corner of the window to increase its size to display the
> dialog buttons, is there a fix ?
>

> --
> Woodzy
>
> http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
> http://q.webring.com/hub?ring=acfwebring ( un-official alt.comp.freeware
> webring )

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

In previous versions of Windows, when you closed the window you had to
hold
down either the ctrl or shift key (it's been so long I cannot remember
which) to make the resize stick.
> Colin Barnhorst (nojunk) wrote:
>> After you drag to resize, close with the file menu instead of the red
> X and
>> then reopen. The windows should hold the new size.
>

> Does not work. I also mean, that windows or popups that normally one
> size or another now require me to drag corners to show buttons.

It has removed 2 spam emails to date.
Try www.SPAMfighter.com for free now!

"riverdogs05" <rwplace@emcs.net> wrote in message
> In previous versions of Windows, when you closed the window you had to
> hold
> down either the ctrl or shift key (it's been so long I cannot remember
> which) to make the resize stick.
> "*ProteanThread*" <rtdos@rtdos.com> wrote in message
>> Colin Barnhorst (nojunk) wrote:
>>> After you drag to resize, close with the file menu instead of the red
>> X and
>>> then reopen. The windows should hold the new size.
>>

>> Does not work. I also mean, that windows or popups that normally one
>> size or another now require me to drag corners to show buttons.

Windows sets the default restored size on closing for opening, if you hold
down the Ctrl key while clicking the red [x] button in the upper right
corner of the window. The three buttons at the top right of a window are
initially controlled through the shell, which then feeds the command to the
application. The File-Close dropdown menu is not (except for shell apps,
such as Explorer). Whether the window holds it size that way depends upon
the inclination of the app. Some apps will ignore the default restored size
setting on opening.

Joe Earnest

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

It is CTRL-red X or close from the File menu.