limiting logon session to 50 min

I would like to create a policy or script that automatically logs after 50
minutes of use. The 50 minutes would be from the time of logon, not based
on idle session or time of day. Can anyone suggest something?

Thanks,

Peckham

Peckham wrote:

> I would like to create a policy or script that automatically logs after 50
> minutes of use. The 50 minutes would be from the time of logon, not based
> on idle session or time of day. Can anyone suggest something?
Hi

You will need 3rd party software for this, e.g. the program
"1st Security Center" would maybe cover your requirement:

http://www.1securitycenter.com/

<quote>
The powerful feature "User Working Time" allows you to limit working
time for your children , office colleagues , students and so on. You
can define several time intervals and time durations to manage users
working time very easy.
</quote>

The application in the link below is a lot more limited, but it can
e.g. force a logoff/shutdown at a set time or after a time duration
(but it looks like this is computer based and not user based):

Aye Shutdown
http://www.ayesoftware.com/asd/

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

"Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" <Torgeir.Bakken-spam@hydro.com> wrote in message
> Peckham wrote:
>
> > I would like to create a policy or script that automatically logs after
50
> > minutes of use. The 50 minutes would be from the time of logon, not
based
> > on idle session or time of day. Can anyone suggest something?
> Hi
>
> You will need 3rd party software for this, e.g. the program
> "1st Security Center" would maybe cover your requirement:
>
> http://www.1securitycenter.com/
>
> <quote>
> The powerful feature "User Working Time" allows you to limit working
> time for your children , office colleagues , students and so on. You
> can define several time intervals and time durations to manage users
> working time very easy.
> </quote>

Hey thanks. That's kind of interesting.

I was thinking this could be done using shutdown.exe You could use a logon
script that executes shutdown.exe -u -t 3000. The problem would be running
that command with the proper rights. A regular user will not have enough
rights, and I am not sure there is an equivalent to "runas."

>--
Peckham