Win 2000 - Admin & Default Password

shaun

Just installed Windows 2000 over Win98....everything
loaded fine....came to a screen where it stated that the
accounts administrator and default were created on the
system and to assign a password

I assigned a password and it accepted it....then a logon
screen poped up and asked for the password to log
on ....i typed it in and it told me it was incorrect.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Shaun

Shaun wrote:

> Just installed Windows 2000 over Win98....everything
> loaded fine....came to a screen where it stated that the
> accounts administrator and default were created on the
> system and to assign a password
>
> I assigned a password and it accepted it....then a logon
> screen poped up and asked for the password to log
> on ....i typed it in and it told me it was incorrect.
>
> Any help is much appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Shaun
Hi

You might try to reset the local Administrator
password with one of the methods mentioned here:

http://securityadmin.info/noframes/faqget.asp#password

http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: