Customizing the Security Analysis and Configuration MMC Sn..

G

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can point me in the correct direction regarding the possibility of customizing the options that are offered as part of the Security Configuration and Analysis snap-in. We've recently starting using a custom security template in our office and while the overall effot has gone well, we're starting to have issues with folks clicking the "Configure Computer Now" option instead of the "Analyze Computer Now Option". Needless to say this has caused some grief. So I'd like to disable the option to "Configure Computer Now" in the snap-in if possible. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Carmen DeBella
Siemens Business Services

G

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

I know of no way to do that and have had that happen to myself on occasion. The only
thing I can suggest is to refrain from having users use the SCA tool and use the
secedit command line utility instead with the /analyze switch possibly linked to a
shortcut. If the template is not too complicated, you may be able to create your own
"rollback" templates to use to reverse the changes. --- Steve

"Carmen" <Carmen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0BAAF1FE-4B76-49E3-AF98-21535D008E08@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm hoping someone can point me in the correct direction regarding the possibility
of customizing the options that are offered as part of the Security Configuration and
Analysis snap-in. We've recently starting using a custom security template in our
office and while the overall effot has gone well, we're starting to have issues with
folks clicking the "Configure Computer Now" option instead of the "Analyze Computer
Now Option". Needless to say this has caused some grief. So I'd like to disable
the option to "Configure Computer Now" in the snap-in if possible. Any assistance
would be appreciated.
>
> Carmen DeBella
> Siemens Business Services
>
>