Sign in with
Your question

Macbook Pro 2012 or wait for 2013 refresh?

Last response: in Mac Os X
February 27, 2013 8:45:21 PM

I am planning on buying a Macbook Pro. I heard rumors that a refresh was going to be available sometime near June. I was wondering if I should just stick with the 2012 version, but I was also conflicted whether or not to get the retina display one. So my question is whether or not you suggest I should get the 2012 or 2013. And if I get the 2012 one, is the addition of the retina display, the loss of ports, disk drive, and accessibility to upgrades in RAM worth the extra money?
Anonymous
February 27, 2013 8:52:14 PM

If I were you (and assuming you don't need one urgently), I'd just wait for the refresh. In my opinion, the retina is still pretty expensive for what it is.
February 27, 2013 11:49:19 PM

This topic has been moved from the section Laptops & Notebooks to section Mac OS X by Brett928S2
February 28, 2013 12:58:09 AM

yruan said:
I am planning on buying a Macbook Pro. I heard rumors that a refresh was going to be available sometime near June. I was wondering if I should just stick with the 2012 version, but I was also conflicted whether or not to get the retina display one. So my question is whether or not you suggest I should get the 2012 or 2013. And if I get the 2012 one, is the addition of the retina display, the loss of ports, disk drive, and accessibility to upgrades in RAM worth the extra money?Get the 2012 MBP without the retina display and be done with it.Apple just keep modifying their products nothing really signifcant they do.

!