Microsoft Cluster Failed

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 4, 2004 7:17:32 AM

Hi everyone,
I have a cluster of Windows 2000 Advanced Server with SP4
installed.
We do a hardenning on the server based on the customers
request, however after hardenning and restart, only one of
the cluster node succesfully comes up, the other one will
fail to join the cluster.
The error messages is exactly the same as refered in KB
272129, however after reverting back the policy (through
group policy or through the registry
lmcompatibilitylevel=0, cluster service still fail to
start, and the KB only applies to SP2 and below.

Below is debug output from the command
clussvc /debug
[ClRtl] Load WMI for ClusSvc. Status 126.
[DM] DmInitialize: The hive was loaded- rollback, unload
and reload again
[JOIN] Spawning thread to connect to sponsor 172.16.4.11
[JOIN] Asking 172.16.4.11 to sponsor us.
[JOIN] Spawning thread to connect to sponsor 10.10.3.2
[JOIN] Asking 10.10.3.2 to sponsor us.
[JOIN] Spawning thread to connect to sponsor ICX-DB2
[JOIN] Asking ICX-DB2 to sponsor us.
[JOIN] Unable to get join version data from sponsor
172.16.4.11 using NTLM packa
ge, status 1130.
[JOIN] JoinVersion data for sponsor 172.16.4.11 is
invalid, status 1130.
[JOIN] Unable to get join version data from sponsor
10.10.3.2 using NTLM package
, status 1130.
[JOIN] JoinVersion data for sponsor 10.10.3.2 is invalid,
status 1130.
[JOIN] Unable to get join version data from sponsor ICX-
DB2 using NTLM package,
status 1130.
[JOIN] JoinVersion data for sponsor ICX-DB2 is invalid,
status 1130.
[JOIN] Spawning thread to connect to sponsor 172.16.4.13
[JOIN] Asking 172.16.4.13 to sponsor us.
[JOIN] Unable to get join version data from sponsor
172.16.4.13 using NTLM packa
ge, status 1130.
[JOIN] JoinVersion data for sponsor 172.16.4.13 is
invalid, status 1130.
[JOIN] Unable to connect to any sponsor node.
[INIT] Failed to join cluster, status 53
[FM] arbitrate for quorum resource id 5748d0cd-b334-4d1e-
a68d-ff830f2ac22d.
[FM] FmGetQuorumResource failed, error 170.
[INIT] ClusterForm: Could not get quorum resource. No
fixup attempted. Status =
5086
[INIT] Failed to form cluster, status 5086.
[CS] ClusterInitialize failed 5086
[INIT] The cluster service is shutting down.
[FM] Shutdown: Failover Manager requested to shutdown
groups.
[MM] MMLeave is called when rgp=NULL.

appreciate if anyone can advice.

Regards,
Raphael
Anonymous
August 4, 2004 3:37:22 PM

what services were stopped by the hardening (if any)?
"Raph" <ary14i.hotmail.com@discussion.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi everyone,
> I have a cluster of Windows 2000 Advanced Server with SP4
> installed.
> We do a hardenning on the server based on the customers
> request, however after hardenning and restart, only one of
> the cluster node succesfully comes up, the other one will
> fail to join the cluster.
> The error messages is exactly the same as refered in KB
> 272129, however after reverting back the policy (through
> group policy or through the registry
> lmcompatibilitylevel=0, cluster service still fail to
> start, and the KB only applies to SP2 and below.
>
> Below is debug output from the command
> clussvc /debug
> [ClRtl] Load WMI for ClusSvc. Status 126.
> [DM] DmInitialize: The hive was loaded- rollback, unload
> and reload again
> [JOIN] Spawning thread to connect to sponsor 172.16.4.11
> [JOIN] Asking 172.16.4.11 to sponsor us.
> [JOIN] Spawning thread to connect to sponsor 10.10.3.2
> [JOIN] Asking 10.10.3.2 to sponsor us.
> [JOIN] Spawning thread to connect to sponsor ICX-DB2
> [JOIN] Asking ICX-DB2 to sponsor us.
> [JOIN] Unable to get join version data from sponsor
> 172.16.4.11 using NTLM packa
> ge, status 1130.
> [JOIN] JoinVersion data for sponsor 172.16.4.11 is
> invalid, status 1130.
> [JOIN] Unable to get join version data from sponsor
> 10.10.3.2 using NTLM package
> , status 1130.
> [JOIN] JoinVersion data for sponsor 10.10.3.2 is invalid,
> status 1130.
> [JOIN] Unable to get join version data from sponsor ICX-
> DB2 using NTLM package,
> status 1130.
> [JOIN] JoinVersion data for sponsor ICX-DB2 is invalid,
> status 1130.
> [JOIN] Spawning thread to connect to sponsor 172.16.4.13
> [JOIN] Asking 172.16.4.13 to sponsor us.
> [JOIN] Unable to get join version data from sponsor
> 172.16.4.13 using NTLM packa
> ge, status 1130.
> [JOIN] JoinVersion data for sponsor 172.16.4.13 is
> invalid, status 1130.
> [JOIN] Unable to connect to any sponsor node.
> [INIT] Failed to join cluster, status 53
> [FM] arbitrate for quorum resource id 5748d0cd-b334-4d1e-
> a68d-ff830f2ac22d.
> [FM] FmGetQuorumResource failed, error 170.
> [INIT] ClusterForm: Could not get quorum resource. No
> fixup attempted. Status =
> 5086
> [INIT] Failed to form cluster, status 5086.
> [CS] ClusterInitialize failed 5086
> [INIT] The cluster service is shutting down.
> [FM] Shutdown: Failover Manager requested to shutdown
> groups.
> [MM] MMLeave is called when rgp=NULL.
>
> appreciate if anyone can advice.
>
> Regards,