Share and Folder Permissions Reporting Tool

I'd like to do an audit of all of the share/folder
permissions on our Windows 2000 server.

Instead of clicking all through our directory structure
on the drive, I'd like to find a tool that will generate
a text report automatically.

I'd like to see the following information for all folders
on one of our disk drives:

owner
share permissions
folder permissions
effective permissions
whether or not permissions are inherited from the parent.

Does anyone out there know if there is a utility or tool
or good piece of cheap software that will generate these
types of reports for you?

Thanks in advance...

funnybroad wrote:

> I'd like to do an audit of all of the share/folder
> permissions on our Windows 2000 server.
>
> Instead of clicking all through our directory structure
> on the drive, I'd like to find a tool that will generate
> a text report automatically.
>
> I'd like to see the following information for all folders
> on one of our disk drives:
>
> owner
> share permissions
> folder permissions
> effective permissions
> whether or not permissions are inherited from the parent.
>
> Does anyone out there know if there is a utility or tool
> or good piece of cheap software that will generate these
> types of reports for you?
>
> Thanks in advance...

Hi

This one might be an option:

DumpSec (formerly known as DumpAcl)
Free, has command line interface as well
http://www.somarsoft.com/

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: