Share and Folder Permissions Reporting Tool

I'd like to do an audit of all of the share/folder
permissions on our Windows 2000 server.

Instead of clicking all through our directory structure
on the drive, I'd like to find a tool that will generate
a text report automatically.

I'd like to see the following information for all folders
on one of our disk drives:

owner
share permissions
folder permissions
effective permissions
whether or not permissions are inherited from the parent.

Does anyone out there know if there is a utility or tool
or good piece of cheap software that will generate these
types of reports for you?

Thanks in advance...
1 answer Last reply
More about share folder permissions reporting tool

    funnybroad wrote:

    > I'd like to do an audit of all of the share/folder
    > permissions on our Windows 2000 server.
    >
    > Instead of clicking all through our directory structure
    > on the drive, I'd like to find a tool that will generate
    > a text report automatically.
    >
    > I'd like to see the following information for all folders
    > on one of our disk drives:
    >
    > owner
    > share permissions
    > folder permissions
    > effective permissions
    > whether or not permissions are inherited from the parent.
    >
    > Does anyone out there know if there is a utility or tool
    > or good piece of cheap software that will generate these
    > types of reports for you?
    >
    > Thanks in advance...

    Hi

    This one might be an option:

    DumpSec (formerly known as DumpAcl)
    Free, has command line interface as well
    http://www.somarsoft.com/

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Permissions Windows