DXsocko007

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
My friend just bought an HP and it came with that cpu, the problem is its super slow because of some power management so when hes not doing much his spu isnt running at 2.4 ghz its running at 984 mhz is is the feature called to turn that off so it always is running at 2.4?

DXsocko007

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
well i found out its cool and quiet and it has 2 gigs of ram i just want to disable it with a program called "RMclock" help me disable cool n quiet?

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
well i found out its cool and quiet and it has 2 gigs of ram i just want to disable it with a program called "RMclock" help me disable cool n quiet?

You can go to Display Properties > Screen Saver Power Options. Make sure it's set for "Always On." or "Home/Office Desk."

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005

You can go to Display Properties > Screen Saver Power Options. Make sure it's set for "Always On." or "Home/Office Desk."

Forgot about that option to turn it off. I still say it is all the bloatware trying to run all at once that is slowing you down. Keeping those programs for starting up when you first boot should help a good deal. The "Normal" startup causes a lot of programs you may not need running at the time to start up which eats up resources. Turning all of those off that you do not need at startup I think will help you more than anything. I have owned 1 hp and dealt with numerous different ones and it was all the same. Bloatware choking the hell out of the system slowing them way down.

Yeah, they do tend to load a bunch of crappy services. There are two ways to get rid of them without un-installing.

Go to Programs> StartUp and delete all of the shortcuts you don't need. Then go to the Registry (not for the faint of heart) HKeyLocalMachine > Software > Microsoft > windows > CurrentVersion > Run and again delete anything except for any FireWalls or Anti -Virus.

Or you can use Add/Remove Programs, but it takes a lot longer and usually several reboots.