Network Connections

Does anyone know of a way to allow a non administrative account the ability to change IP addresses on a 2000 OS. All group policy appears to only relate to Administrators.

If this is for laptop users there are third party utilities such as Net Switcher that
may help by allowing them to select a configuration at boot up. Otherwise the only
way I know of would be to allow the user to run a shortcut or script that uses
something like runas and the netsh command. That would not be real flexible but may
suit your needs. The problem with runas is that the admin credentials would be stored
in cleartext on the computer. A casual user may not realize this but the curious self
appointed expert might do some damage with it. The links below may help. --- Steve

http://www.winnetmag.com/Windows/Article/ArticleID/41111/41111.html -- netsh
configuration examples.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=225035 -- using runas.
http://www.jsiinc.com/subo/tip7100/rh7111.htm