No logon servers available

Hello,
When I try to access a share on a Windows 2000 Professional or Win XP
domain member, from a Windows 2000 Server I receive the following: error

There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

Pls advice.

Wasim
1 answer Last reply
More about logon servers available

    This is usually a dns problem or possibly network connectivity. Verify that you can
    ping the target computer by IP address and fully qualified domain name as in
    computer1.mydomain.com. Incompatibilities in smb signing, lan manager authentication
    level, and ipsec policies can also be a cause. First verify that domain controllers
    are pointing to themselves or pdc fsmo as their preferred dns server in tcp/ip
    properties and that the domain members are pointing only to domain controllers and
    never an ISP dns server. --- Steve

    "Wasim" <wasimp@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > Hello,
    > When I try to access a share on a Windows 2000 Professional or Win XP
    > domain member, from a Windows 2000 Server I receive the following: error
    >

    > There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.
    >
    > Pls advice.
    >
    > Wasim

Windows 2000 Microsoft Servers Windows