No logon servers available

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 5, 2004 12:54:00 PM

Hello,
When I try to access a share on a Windows 2000 Professional or Win XP
domain member, from a Windows 2000 Server I receive the following: error

There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

Pls advice.

Wasim

More about : logon servers

Anonymous
August 5, 2004 10:52:48 PM

This is usually a dns problem or possibly network connectivity. Verify that you can
ping the target computer by IP address and fully qualified domain name as in
computer1.mydomain.com. Incompatibilities in smb signing, lan manager authentication
level, and ipsec policies can also be a cause. First verify that domain controllers
are pointing to themselves or pdc fsmo as their preferred dns server in tcp/ip
properties and that the domain members are pointing only to domain controllers and
never an ISP dns server. --- Steve

!