Need Recommendation for Cpu and Heatsink Cooler

gokhan76

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2007
Hi Guys,

I need a recommendation for good solid cooler for my cpu just for overclocking purposes to keep my cpu cool down a bit.

My system config on my signature by the way... I want to know that I can easily fit in to P5B Deluxe with 8800Gts card without removing the GTS card is preferred cooling system.

What would you guys receommend brand and model wise ?

I have these options at this stage:

Arctic Cooler 7 Pro $45

Cooler Master Mars Spherical cooler $85

Thermaltake CL-P0310 Big Typhoon VX $85

Zalman CNPS9500AT Ultra Quiet Copper CPU Cooler for Intel LGA 775

Zalman CNPS9700NT CPU Cooler

or if you know any better brands and models please let me know so I will make my choice depending on your experiences...

Thanks guys,

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Those prices are pretty high. Are you buying in the UK or something? If those 5 coolers are your only choices i would get the Big Typhoon. Try to find either the Tuniq Tower 120 or Scythe Infinity, the Tuniq is the best air cooler on the market, and the Scythe is a close second.

Habber

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2007
I would recommend the Noctua NH-U12F its a bit pricy but i like the performance and the fan is making around 8-12 db which is less than you can pickup with the ear.

Mondoman

Splendid
Since you're not OC'd, any elevated temps may be due to your graphics card heating up the air inside the system. You may be better off adding 120mm case exhaust fan(s) and/or intake vent(s) directing air to the CPU fan.

hybrid11

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2006
im running the Scythe Infinity on the same chip you are, and its great, a bit big so make sure it will fit in your case! I heard the tuniq tower was just as good, if not better as apt403 said, although it's harder to find