How secure is Skype?

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.isa,microsoft.public.isa.enterprise,microsoft.public.isaserver,microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

G/day forum,

I just want to find out what people think of Skype and how secure it is to
roll out/use in an environment that uses ISA server?

Regards,
Steve.

unkn2232324

The Poster wrote:
> G/day forum,
>
> I just want to find out what people think of Skype and how secure it is to
> roll out/use in an environment that uses ISA server?
>
> Regards,
> Steve.

Is it still in beta? No one knows the code holes yet so use at your own
risk. Once something gets through the firewall to an application, the
holes in the application determine the level of risk.

g-w

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.isa,microsoft.public.isa.enterprise,microsoft.public.isaserver,microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

Compared to what? Cell phones? Regular phones? Eavesdropping on a phone
conversation nearby? And what security threats are your concern? If your
concern is someone eavesdropping on your phone conversations, then I would
say it is far more likely your phone conversations would be tapped via
either of those sources than by Skype. Of the other methods I mention, it's
arguably the least likely that someone would be in a position to eavesdrop
on your Skype transmissions or spend the time necessary to reconstruct the
data into sound. Tapping POTS / copper cable, cell phones or eavesdropping
around the corner is arguably more trivial to do.

If you need a totally secure voice communication protocol, none of the above
is what you want. If you want to know whether Skype is as secure as your
current modes of phone communication, I would say it probably is, whether or
not there are security vulnerabilities in the Skype software.

"The Poster" <nospam@nospam_dontyoudare.net> wrote in message
> G/day forum,
>
> I just want to find out what people think of Skype and how secure it is to
> roll out/use in an environment that uses ISA server?
>
> Regards,
> Steve.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.isa,microsoft.public.isa.enterprise,microsoft.public.isaserver,microsoft.public.security,microsoft.public.win2000.security (More info?)

If you decide use this software you can enable this type of rules:
Protocol: TCP
Direction: Out
Port: 80
or