Sign in with
Your question

Video Card With Multi TV-Out

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 11, 2007 6:44:54 AM

Hi,
I'm looking for a video card that have more than at least 5 TV-OUT. i spent a lot of time searching internet but i had no luck. is there something like this exists?

I found Multi Video Card solution but it's expensive and plus i need to buy a special motherboard which can handle 5 video cards! and what if i want to add one more TV!

In fact i want to show different programs on each LCD TV via computer.
so if know any better way, please let me know ;) 

More about : video card multi

February 11, 2007 7:33:05 AM

You're gonna need a bit more than one video card if you want 5 different tv outputs. If you wanted multiple tv's to display the same output, you could get a splitter box, whether it be RCA or Svideo.

What is the purpose of this setup?
February 11, 2007 10:41:33 AM

Quote:
You're gonna need a bit more than one video card if you want 5 different tv outputs. If you wanted multiple tv's to display the same output, you could get a splitter box, whether it be RCA or Svideo.

What is the purpose of this setup?

We have a fast food that has two video projectors and 3 LCD TVs, i want to show different programmed advertises and shows etc... on each LCD TVs and video projectors. they should work at least 10 hours per day.

thanks for the reply
Related resources
February 11, 2007 10:45:02 AM

Quote:
You can use PCI video cards. If your running an SLI motherboard you can run 2 PCI-e cards and 1 PCI card giving you 6 monitors and 3 TVs.

Yeah, that was the first thing i though about, but i'm looking for a special device for this kind of purposes.
before searching the internet i believed it's exists. but now i'm not sure, maybe i used wrong keywords.
February 11, 2007 11:35:09 AM

Quote:
The only devices are comersial ones that are just splitter boxes. So you see the same thing across all the moitors. If you want independent displays you will have to go with an exspecive card with up to 6 outputs or multiple cards as i mentioned.

Do you know which manufacture has a video card with multi output?
February 11, 2007 4:28:25 PM

Quote:
Matrox but your talking $800+ for a card.

Wow, so i should find another way. because my need expensive system too.

Hi again,
I think finally i found the solution. after spending a lot more time searching the web. i found VOD (Video On Demand). it needs a server and also a IP STP (set-up box) for each TV. in this way it's possible to stream video over LAN to each device. and the device can show it to TV.

I have a problem with this devices (STB) price, from $100 to more $1000!! . if you're familiar with this technology. do know any reference or guide site? or did you test it yourself?
!