Password By-Pass

Tags:
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 7, 2004 4:51:28 PM

I have forgotten my password on the log-on screen on my
home computer.(I never switch of my laptop. Apparently I
did recently and am stuck. I have tried escape buttons,
alt+ctrl+del, pressing F* key etc. but all in vain) Does
anyone know how I can bypass the screen and log in.

Thanks

More about : password pass

Anonymous
August 8, 2004 2:25:04 AM

Srinivas Kanthadi wrote:

> I have forgotten my password on the log-on screen on my
> home computer.(I never switch of my laptop. Apparently I
> did recently and am stuck. I have tried escape buttons,
> alt+ctrl+del, pressing F* key etc. but all in vain) Does
> anyone know how I can bypass the screen and log in.
Hi

Have you tried to log on with the original Administrator user:

How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your
Password Expires
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;321305

If that doesn't work out, you might try to reset the local Administrator
password with one of the methods mentioned here:

http://securityadmin.info/noframes/faqget.asp#password

http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.ht...

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: