Password By-Pass

I have forgotten my password on the log-on screen on my
home computer.(I never switch of my laptop. Apparently I
did recently and am stuck. I have tried escape buttons,
alt+ctrl+del, pressing F* key etc. but all in vain) Does
anyone know how I can bypass the screen and log in.

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about password pass

    Srinivas Kanthadi wrote:

    > I have forgotten my password on the log-on screen on my
    > home computer.(I never switch of my laptop. Apparently I
    > did recently and am stuck. I have tried escape buttons,
    > alt+ctrl+del, pressing F* key etc. but all in vain) Does
    > anyone know how I can bypass the screen and log in.
    Hi

    Have you tried to log on with the original Administrator user:

    How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your
    Password Expires
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;321305

    If that doesn't work out, you might try to reset the local Administrator
    password with one of the methods mentioned here:

    http://securityadmin.info/noframes/faqget.asp#password

    http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Windows