Task Scheduler will not work

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Right weird one here

SBS2003 domain put in. Win2kTerminalServer.SP4 installed in blank box and
added to domain. Everything on that Win2kTS works except task scheduler
(Office2K, Outlook 2003, Adobe acrobat, all service packed and hotfixed)

Point it at batch file, say use this name at this time, and the job appears.
When that time comes, the job fails "could not start" last result "0x0"

Right clicking the job and choosing Run, gives the same result

Rightclick-Properties gives

Task Scheduler
General page initialization failed,
The specific error is:
0x80090020: An internal error occured [OK]

It then brings up the properties page, with a read only TASK tab and its run
as field greyed out. The other tabs are changeable.

The RunAs and Task Scheduler services are both running as SYSTEM account
And I checked for any custom encrption DLL as per an exchange kb article
with the same error number, no luck

Have I missed anything?

Under which user did you run the job? Does that user have the right to run
the job (you might have to give the user this right in Group Policy).

Try running this task with administrator, if it works then change this in
policy.

Mike

"Chris" <spammed@to.death> wrote in message
> Right weird one here
>
> SBS2003 domain put in. Win2kTerminalServer.SP4 installed in blank box
and
> added to domain. Everything on that Win2kTS works except task scheduler
> (Office2K, Outlook 2003, Adobe acrobat, all service packed and hotfixed)
>
> Point it at batch file, say use this name at this time, and the job
appears.
> When that time comes, the job fails "could not start" last result "0x0"
>
> Right clicking the job and choosing Run, gives the same result
>
> Rightclick-Properties gives
>
> Task Scheduler
> General page initialization failed,
> The specific error is:
> 0x80090020: An internal error occured [OK]
>
> It then brings up the properties page, with a read only TASK tab and its
run
> as field greyed out. The other tabs are changeable.
>
> The RunAs and Task Scheduler services are both running as SYSTEM account
> And I checked for any custom encrption DLL as per an exchange kb article
> with the same error number, no luck
>
> Have I missed anything?

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

The user accounts I have tried with were either domain admin accounts or
system.
They/Task scheduling work on the 2003 server, but I'll double check the GPO
just in case ;)