Start button popups

Each time I click my START button, I get a popup telling me there are too
many items to list them all. I have to wait until the popup disappears
before I can use the Search block that the popup obscures. Is there a
solution to this annoyance?
4 answers Last reply
More about start button popups

    Hi, John Gregory;
    Right-click your Taskbar and choose Properties.
    Got to the Start Menu tab, then click Customize.
    On the General tab, under Programs, reduce the "Number of programs on start
    menu," until that number of programs will fit in the lower left list between
    the pinned items and where it says "All Programs." You may have to repeat
    until you find the maximum number that will still fit.
    Hope this helps.
    Ian.

    "John Gregory" <jaygreg90@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >Each time I click my START button, I get a popup telling me there are too
    >many items to list them all. I have to wait until the popup disappears
    >before I can use the Search block that the popup obscures. Is there a
    >solution to this annoyance?

    Have you tried to organize your Start Menu items into different
    folders?

    --
    (tm)

    What a relief! Thanks for the help.

    "IanRoy" <IanRoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, John Gregory;
    > Right-click your Taskbar and choose Properties.
    > Got to the Start Menu tab, then click Customize.
    > On the General tab, under Programs, reduce the "Number of programs on
    > start
    > menu," until that number of programs will fit in the lower left list
    > between
    > the pinned items and where it says "All Programs." You may have to repeat
    > until you find the maximum number that will still fit.
    > Hope this helps.
    > Ian.

    You are most welcome, and thanks for the reply.

    "John Gregory" wrote:

    > What a relief! Thanks for the help.

Microsoft Windows XP